Our proven expertise in automotive software and hardware development assists our customers’ development of embedded systems products. We help our customers implement their concepts into serial products, thus adapting to the fast-evolving market.
Also, we provide complete services, from hardware to software, for various components such as ADAS, Vehicle Connectivity, Body Control Modules, ECUs, Cameras, GPS, Power closures, Radars, Car Keys, Powertrain ECUs, Wireless chargers, Instrument Clusters, Head-Up Displays, Secondary Displays, Infotainment Systems and Telematics.
At DigitalGate, we follow different development methodologies, depending on the type of project as well as customers’ requirements and standards. Also, we apply our internal procedures of the quality management system, tailoring the applications to the customers’ requirements.
In this case, for the automotive industry, we mainly follow two development methodologies, the validation, and testing model (V Model) and the agile approach, depending on the specifications of the project.
We offer complete BSP development services that include infrastructure development, as well as the required modularity for scalability and long-term maintenance. Also, our BSP solutions are of the highest standards in the industry, tailored to the customers’ requirements.
Our BSP Development Services Include:
- BSP development for Linux, QNX, VxWorks, RTOS, Bare-Metal, and Autosar
- Bootloader development, secure boot, PKI infrastructure setup
- Bootloader integration and boot scheme development for normal operation, recovery, software updates, etc.
- Boot time optimization
- Memory footprint optimization
- Device driver implementation
- OS stacks configuration, networking, USB, and video.
Build system development
- Hardware tests and bring-up
- Flash programming, remote access, and software updates via the (mobile) radio network (OTA)
Our team of embedded engineers has a rich experience with various microcontrollers, with both single processors and also multi-processors as well as digital signal processors. Also, we specialize in optimizing, testing, and debugging hardware prototypes and shortening the “time to market” for the designed products. Furthermore, our middleware software brings unified interfaces with scalable and transparent functionalities overcoming problems related to reuse and code portability.
Key Development Areas:
- Autosar basic software development
- Autosar stack configuration and integration on custom platforms
- Autosar code generation tools based on open-source technologies such as xtext, xtend, artop, etc.
- Application driver development
- Communication protocols
- Tracing libraries
- Diagnosis, e.g. DLT
- Framework development
- Application optimization for runtime, load balancing, memory footprint
We offer tailored embedded solutions by using modern frameworks for domain-specific applications, APIs for integration with other systems and libraries as well as simulators for quick prototyping, widgets, or display controls. Also, all the User Interface development and integration services that we offer are meant to bring color, ease of usage, and aesthetical design to the integrated systems. Moreover, our solutions are cross-platform, with high-performance capabilities, integrating simple and user-friendly APIs, designed for multilingual support, and highly flexible.
Key Development Areas:
- Graphical user interfaces (GUIs)
- Voice-controlled interfaces (VUIs)
- Gesture-based interfaces
Our team of expert engineers can improve performance, reliability as well as the efficiency with the implementation of advanced control algorithms. We do this through the usage of tunable automated optimization methods, and with the development of controller code for embedded systems that are designed to meet the performance requirements of the hardware. Moreover, our team is specialized in the development of algorithms that are customized to solve various kinds of tasks.
- Sensor fusion and high-level data fusion
- Object detection, object clustering, object tracking
- Localization and mapping as well as SLAM (simultaneous localization and mapping)
- Sensor calibration
- Low-level data filtering and feature extraction
- Automated data labeling and tooling.
- Data acquisition
- We are implementing all mathematical models required for the lateral as well as longitudinal control of a vehicle
- Lateral control of the vehicle e.g. lane keep assist, lane change assist features, etc.
- Longitudinal control of the vehicle e.g. automatic brake assist features.
- Tuning of the implemented algorithms and testing on the test track
- Simulation of the implemented algorithms with synthetic data and real data gathered from test drives
safety, security and testing
Our team of embedded engineers offers software solutions that incorporate the basic concepts of automotive cybersecurity.
Internal Vehicle Communications:
- Secure data storage
- Authenticated frame transmission, such as secure onboard communication, to prevent manipulation of critical signals.
- Communication with tire monitoring systems (e.g. via Bluetooth)
- Intelligent charging: secure communication with an electric charging station
- Car2X/V2X: authenticated data transmission between vehicles and infrastructure
- Internet access and hotspot for infotainment in the vehicle
- IEC 61508/ISO 26262: Automotive functional safety standard
- SAE J3016: Autonomous driving standard
- SOTIF ISO/PAS 21448: Safety of the intended functionality
- ISO/SAE 21434: Standard for cybersecurity engineering in road vehicles
- SAE J1939: Collection of standards for ECU communication and diagnostics
- ISO 11898 (CAN Bus Protocol): Electronic communication Bus
- Unit and module testing
- KPI verification and validation
- Hardware in the loop (HIL) testing
- Module in the loop (MIL) testing
- Software in the loop (SIL) testing
In order to ensure a superior quality of the designed systems for the automotive industry, our team develops the necessary environments for the simulation of the circuits. We make sure that the electrical, thermal, as well as mechanical parameters of the circuit, are within the limits allowed by the client and legislative requirements.
Moreover, our engineers ensure that the designed circuits are manufactured according to the project specifications and provide customers with the necessary assistance in communicating with the printed circuit board manufacturers. Thus, we choose the best suppliers who can produce the printed circuit boards according to the specifications of the design and within the budget of the customers.
Our hardware solutions are designed to adapt to the harsh climatic environment such as high temperatures of 70″ C, low temperatures of -20″ C, or temperatures of 40″ C, and high humidity.
Furthermore, hardware development for the automotive industry is done from concept to creation, and it includes the design of the electronic schematic, layout design, and design optimization.
Also, for every step of the development process, our team ensures that:
PCB SCHEMATIC design
Our team of hardware engineers takes care of all aspects related to PCB schematic design, from the initial system concept up to the actual schematic design. Also, we offer optimized schematic designs that are optimal and simulated thoroughly.
Key Development Areas:
- Complete schematic designs from initial concept design up to complete PCB schematic design as well as the corresponding documentation;
- Optimal schematic designs solutions by carefully simulating the designs and choosing the main components of the schematic;
- Perfect balance between budget and specific application needs.
PCB Layout design
Our team of engineers offers end-to-end solutions that accelerate the design of the most complex electronics and intelligent systems. By using specialized layout software, our team implements based on the schematic, the optimized layout for the PCB.
Key Development Areas:
- Optimized layout for the PCB based on the schematic design
- Single or multiple layers PCBs’
- Components’ placement optimization
- Routing that defines the optimal electrical connectivity
- Requirements for placement, signal, and thermal integrity consideration
PCB design optimization
Our team of expert hardware engineers optimizes the design of the PCBs’ by taking care of all the aspects regarding component placement, spacing, clearances, thermal relief, as well as shape restraints. Also, our team of engineers debugs, inspects, and tests so that the PCB design is fully optimized for serial production.
Key Development Areas:
- Debugging, inspecting, and testing
- Fully optimized PCB design according to the customers’ requirements, as well as the number of layers required, the best suitable components, the quality, and the cost factor
- PCB designs completely optimized for serial production
testing, Standars and complience
Hardware Compliance Services
Compliant with the requirements of ISO 26262 – Functional Safety Standard
- Safety mechanisms
- Detection, indication, and control of internal faults
- Failures external to the hardware
- Tolerance times
- Target values for hardware metrics and failure rates
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Testing
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Testing
- CE Certification
- RoHS Certification
- Automotive hardware development as latest Cybersecurity standard- ISO/SAE 21434
- Support for hardware unit design as per ISO 26262 standard